Terms of Service
Last updated December 19, 2020
THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION. YOU AGREE THAT, EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED BELOW, ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Council for the United States of America WILL BE RESOLVED THROUGH INFORMAL NEGOTIATIONS, NON-BINDING MEDIATION OR BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. PLEASE READ THE SECTION TITLED “DISPUTES; ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTIONS; JURY TRIAL” BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Services from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms by your continued use of the Services after the date such revised Terms are posted.
The information provided on the Services is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Services from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Service are intended for users who are at least 18 years of age. By using the Services, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Services, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Services and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, Services, the Content and the Marks.
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (1) all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete; (2) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary; (3) you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms; (4) you are not under the age of 18; (5); you will not access the Services through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise; (6) you will not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and (7) your use of the Services will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
If you establish an account in connection with any of the Services, you must complete the designated registration process for such Service. All required registration information that you provide must be current, complete and accurate and kept up to date on a prompt, timely basis. If required, you must also choose a user name and password for such account. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. It is your sole responsibility to keep your account number, user name, password and other sensitive information confidential. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, you shall notify us immediately.
PURPOSE AND USE
The Services may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, commentary services, communities, personal web pages, calendars, membership directory, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with an individual, the public at large or with a group. You agree to use the Services only to post, send, and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Service.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Services, you will not:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose
- Solicit for any open jobs or positions, either temporary or permanent, or make any other type of solicitation we deem to be inappropriate
- Use the Services for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
- Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses,Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded or otherwise delete copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or Services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Services and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to:
- Review materials posted to a Service and to remove or edit any materials in its sole discretion, including those in violation of these Terms;
- Disclose your identity to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services;
- Change, terminate, or suspend the Services, any features of the Services, and any content or materials contained in the Services, in any way, at any time and for any reason or no reason. We also have the right to require you to cease accessing any features, content or materials of the Services;
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Services or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems; and
- Otherwise manage the Services in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Services.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Services may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Services, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Services and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Services, and other users of the Services to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services, Site and these Terms.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services, Site and these Terms.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
Any use of the Services in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Services.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Services or making Contributions accessible to the Services by linking your account from the Services to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Services. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Services and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Services; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Contributions, as provided herein. We are under no obligation to post or use any Contributions you may provide and may remove any Contributions from the Services at any time in our sole discretion.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND CONTENT
The Services may contain (or you may be sent via the Services) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites“) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content“). Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Services or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Services, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Servicves and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Services or relating to any applications you use or install from the Services. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICES
We respect the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user-generated content in comments, discussion boards or in other user contributed content, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us notice at email@example.com with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest,
- Description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed,
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site
- Your address, telephone number and email address,
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law, and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Users of the Services need to be mindful of constraints of anti-trust or competition laws when engaging with each other at our hosted activities. meetings, events, workshops, group gatherings, webcasts, seminars/sessions, electronic community platforms, social networking groups, and any other group gathering (facilitated by technology or in person) are conducted for educational purposes, to provide a forum for the open discussion and free exchange of ideas even amongst companies that may otherwise compete in the marketplace. At any gatherings, members are reminded that it is their responsibility to avoid (and where they see others acting in such a manner, to discourage) any agreement or inappropriate conversations that could have anti-competitive effects or could constitute a restraint on trade. In discussing the pros and cons on a topic of discussion, members may express an opinion, but must avoid collective agreements on how any particular issue/matter should be handled.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Services at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Services or Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Services without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services.
We cannot guarantee the Services will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Services, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Services at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Services during any downtime or discontinuance of the Services. Nothing in these Terms will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Services or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
These Terms and your use of the Services are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy, or claim related to these Terms (each a “Dispute” and collectively, the “Disputes”) brought by either you or us (individually, a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”), the Parties agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating mediation or arbitration. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one Party to the other Party.
In case the Dispute arising under this Agreement cannot be settled by reasonable informal negotiations, the Parties agree that, prior to commencing any binding arbitration proceeding as contemplated below, they will first engage the services of a professional mediator agreed upon by the Parties and attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute through confidential non-binding mediation. Any demand for mediation by either Party shall be made in writing and served upon the other Party and shall set forth with reasonable specificity the basis of the dispute and the relief sought. The Parties agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation under the Commercial Mediation Rules of the American Arbitration Association before resorting to binding arbitration.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations or mediation, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved through binding arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website: www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in Fort Bend, Texas. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If for any reason, a Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in Fort Bend, Texas, and the Parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts. Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) is excluded from these Terms.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Services be commenced more than one (1) year after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable, and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
The Parties agree as follows: (i) either Party may bring qualifying claims in small claims court; (ii) to the extent state law permits either Party to seek injunctive or other equitable relief outside of mediation or arbitration, each Party agrees that such actions will be brought exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas or state court located in Fort Bend, Texas. Each Party consents and submits to the personal jurisdictions of these courts; and (iii) as set forth below, each Party agrees that any mediation or arbitration will be solely between you and His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Council for the United States of America not as part of a class-wide claim.
No Class Action / Trial by Jury
To the extent allowed by law, each Party waives any right to pursue disputes on a class-wide basis; that is, to either join a claim with the claim of any other person or entity, or assert a claim in a representative capacity on behalf of anyone else in any lawsuit, arbitration or other proceeding. To the extent allowed by law, each Party waives any right to trial by jury in any lawsuit, arbitration or other permitted proceeding except as outlined herein.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SERVICE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICERS, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES) DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES) WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES) BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE ANY OF THE SERVICES, THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION OR TERMINATION OF ANY OF THE SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, Affiliates (as defined below), and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand (including attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses of litigation and arbitration, or at trial or on appeal, if any, whether or not litigation or arbitration is instituted), whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, or arising out of or in connection with these Terms related to: (1) your Contributions; (2) use of the Site or Services; (3) breach of these Terms; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Services with whom you connected via the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the Services.
Our Affiliates include: (a) all institutions, organizations and agencies of the Ismaili community (including, but not limited to, His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Councils for each respective jurisdiction, and other boards and portfolios), (b) all institutions, organizations and agencies of, or within, the Aga Khan Development Network, (c) the respective decision-makers, principals, organizers, leaders, members, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, representatives, attorneys, and agents of one or more of the institutions, organizations or agencies of the Ismaili community, and (d) the respective decision-makers, principals, organizers, leaders, members, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, representatives, attorneys, and agents of one or more of the institutions, organizations or agencies of, or within, the Aga Khan Development Network.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Services for the purpose of managing the performance of the Services, as well as data relating to your use of the Services. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Services. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Services, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Services, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SERVICES. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
A. Except as provided in these Terms, these Terms constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
B. These Terms do not create any rights in favor of any third party. Our failure to take action to enforce our rights does not mean that we give up those rights or cannot take such action in the future.
C. If you access the Services from locations outside of the U.S. you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
D. If a provision in these Terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision shall be removed from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in force.
E. At any time and for any reason or no reason we may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Services, terminate your account, and add, remove or modify functionality.
F. When using our Services, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
G. You agree to fully cooperate with us to investigate any suspected or actual activity that is in breach of these Terms.
H. Our Services may link or contain links to other websites maintained by our licensors, affiliates and/or third parties. We do not operate, control or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links and any content posted on third-party websites.
I. If you have a question, concern or complaint about these Terms, you can contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms or use of the Services.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us at:
Aga Khan Council for United States of America
1700 First Colony Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77479